Tuesday 5 June 2012

And So It Begins...

Well who knows if this will ever go anywhere, do anything or help me in anyway but I figured I would dip my toes into the odd bathtub of blogging in hopes of maybe having someone notice my photography and possibly get me somewhere in the ever competitve and confusing industry that it has become.

I am pretty much exclusively a wildlife photographer. I have taken Natural History and Ornithology courses through Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada under one of the most amazing men to walk this planet Earth, Michael Runtz. He's a big man with an even bigger impact on students and the public. If I grow up to be half the man he is, I would be roughly 3'2" in height and a very happy midget. I would live happy that's for sure. I absolutely love being out by myself surrounded by trees, grass, water and any living animal possible; from a Banana Slug to an african Giraffe to the beautiful sounding House Wren.



I enjoy shooting birds, wildlife and landscapes and through this blog you will discover how much of a bird-nerd I am, possibly think about how odd I must be and hopefully enjoy some pretty cool stories matched up to amazing photographs of animals found around the world. If you ever do want to talk photography, wildlife or MAYBE even want to buy something feel free to shoot me an email at brendantroy@hotmail.com and I will be happy to respond.

Here's a little tease of some wildlife shots I have taken before this blog really comes to life.


Yellow-rumped Warbler. Kanata, Ontario, Canada.
White-tailed Deer. Kanata, Ontario, Canada.

Eastern Newt (Red Eft). Pembroke, Ontario. Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment